Saturday, March 25, 2006

maven2-jetty6 plugin problem

I was trying to develop a new web application based on equinox-1.6. New versions of equinox are built with maven2. This is good because maven makes build management very easy. I ran equinox with jetty6 plugin. Brett Porter explains in his blog entry why jetty6-plugin is such a life saver for web application developers. But somehow I received the following error:


:INFO: NO JSP Support for /login, did not find org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet


I am not sure what caused this error. Probably there is a classpath error. I tried to run some other applications with jetty6-plugin. They were ok. Even another equinox-1.6 based application was running properly. Then I changed the version of jetty6-plugin to the previous version (6.0.0beta12) and fortunately the problem was solved. I am not sure but probably there is a classpath related error with dependencies of jetty6, jasper-compiler etc..

No comments: